Carefree of Colorado, a division of the Scott Fetzer Company and Berkshire Hathaway, is the world's premier provider of awnings, shade products and accessories to the global Recreational Vehicle market and Marine OEM and Aftermarkets. Our industry position and financial strength have provided our employees solid careers with opportunity for professional growth throughout our 45 year history.
We have built a strong manufacturing and assembly operation by embracing LEAN principles and investing in technology and our team members. We take pride in the Quality, Value, Performance and Style our customers have come to expect.
We are seeking a Purchasing Manager to join our high energy manufacturing enterprise with direct responsibility for:
- Leading the sourcing, planning, and purchasing functions to ensure effective receipt of materials with respect to timeliness, quality, and cost in accordance with the business plan.
- Negotiation of contracts and/or supply agreements with suppliers of raw materials, services, and maintenance, repair, & operating supplies (MRO).
- System data in support of purchase transaction accuracy (e.g. order quantity, due date, price, terms, etc.).
- Functioning as a liaison between the organization and suppliers for all sourcing and procurement related correspondence (e.g. quotations, purchase orders, contracts, evaluations, rejections, corrective actions, discrepancies, etc.).
- Maintaining favorable supplier relationships.
- Leading the interaction with other company departments to resolve supplier related issues.
- Monitoring and taking action to maintain proper inventory levels of assigned purchase categories to optimize working capital investment.
- Identifying and coordinating (with other departments if necessary), the implementation of cost reduction and continuous improvement opportunities as they relate to the materials management functions.
- Analyzing and producing reports detailing purchasing activities and performance including material availability, inventory, and cost in order to identify new courses of operation or implement corrective action.
- In depth analysis of issues and barriers with overall supply chain management mainly on material availability, inventory, and cost.
- Supporting Engineering with sourcing on the development of new products.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- 5+ years of experience leading the sourcing and purchasing functions in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, or related field
- Strong communication, contract and negotiating skills
- APICS certification (CPIM - Certified in Production & Inventory Management) and/or ISM certification (CPM - Certified Purchasing Manager) preferred.
- Experience with ERP systems with a strong working knowledge of MRP processing logic
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in the use of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Access
If you're an enthusiastic team player who enjoys a fast paced, friendly atmosphere where individuals are acknowledged for their success and provided with opportunities for growth, we want to hear from you!
We offer competitive wages, growth opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical and Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Tuition reimbursement and more
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in becoming part of our team, please send your resume and salary requirements via e-mail to email@example.com, fax (303) 459-5103 or apply in person, Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 5:00pm.
Please visit our web site at http://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/ for more information regarding our company.