Carefree of Colorado, a division of the Scott Fetzer Company and Berkshire Hathaway, is the world’s premier provider of awnings, shade products and accessories to the global Recreational Vehicle market, Marine OEM and Aftermarkets as well as residential. Our industry position and financial strength have provided our employees solid careers with opportunity for professional growth throughout our 46 year history.
We have built a strong manufacturing and assembly operation by embracing LEAN principles and investing in technology and our team members. We take pride in the Quality, Value, Performance and Style our customers have come to expect.
Responsibilities of the Buyer position include the following:
· Establish, build and maintain supplier relationships
· Source and validate new suppliers
· Hold suppliers accountable for price, delivery and quality
· Actively seek additional opportunities for cost reduction
· Timely planning, scheduling of receipt and inventory control of the assigned commodities ensuring production’s ability to continue running
· Responsible for source selection and procurement functions directly associated with the Company's needs for select production materials and services taking in to account service, total cost, quality and innovation
· Partner with Engineering, Sales and Production for the part changes and new product introductions
· Ability to purchase MRO requisitions
· Manage projects involving multiple departments to meet established deadlines
· Follow commodity and market trends
· Effectively communicate with all departments and suppliers
· Assist in physical inventories and cycle counts
· Promote a safety oriented culture
Qualified Buyer candidates must possess the following:
· Bachelor Degree in Business, Engineering or other technical discipline
· A minimum of 2 years purchasing and/or planning in a manufacturing environment
· Domestic and International sourcing experience
· Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
· Ability to thoroughly understand manufacturing concepts
· Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems
· Proficient with Microsoft Office
· Commodity futures management experience, a plus
· Strong ability to plan, source, negotiate and make decisions
· Strong organizational and communication skills
· Sense of urgency
· Ability to develop and utilize complex Excel spreadsheets
· Ability to translate forecasting information into material requirements to ensure an adequate source of supply within approved inventory levels.
· Ability to identify and develop sources of supply that are capable of providing products and services consistent with Carefree’s requirements for service, total cost, quality and innovation
· APICS CPIM and/or CSCP or ISM CPSM certification a plus
If you’re an enthusiastic team player who enjoys a fast paced, friendly atmosphere where individuals are acknowledged for their success and provided with opportunities for growth, we want to hear from you!
We offer competitive wages, growth opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package including:
· Medical and Life Insurance
· Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
· 401(k) with a company match
· Paid vacations and holidays
· Tuition reimbursement and more
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in becoming part of our team, please send your resume and salary requirements.
Please visit our web site at www.carefreeofcolorado.com for more information regarding our company.
Active as of: 5/3/18