<< Careers Home
Production Area Manager (2nd shift) - Broomfield
Carefree of Colorado, a division of the Scott Fetzer Company and Berkshire Hathaway, is the world’s premier provider of awnings, shade products and accessories to the global Recreational Vehicle market, Marine OEM and Aftermarkets as well as residential. Our industry position and financial strength have provided our employees solid careers with opportunity for professional growth throughout our 48 year history.
We take pride providing in the Quality, Value, Performance and Style our customers have come to expect. Our success has created an excellent opportunity for a Production Area Manager to join a creative, high-energy business committed to innovation and excellence as supplier to the markets we serve.
Our continued growth has created an opportunity for an experienced manufacturing Production Area Manager:
Responsibilities of the Production Area Manager position include the following:
- Planning, organizing and managing operations of multiple production departments to meet daily production goals, managing a designated task lists in accordance with production schedules and requirements in the most cost effective manner with a focus on quality.
- Development and implementation of processes and procedures that ensure 100% accuracy of all products which are manufactured and assure compliance by employees.
- Managing the introduction of new products, product extensions and product modifications through detailed documented employee training.
- Leading Continuous Improvement initiatives including, but not limited to, leading and participating in Kaizen events, VSM, 5S, and Standard Work.
- Developing, training and involving employees in maintaining and improving departmental safety, efficiency, productivity, quality cooperation and morale.
Qualified Production Area Manager candidates must possess the following:
- Knowledge and experience in supervising multiple departments within a production environment
- 3 - 5 years’ experience as a manager/supervisor in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Strong process documentation skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Experience with Lean Workplace & Visual Tools
- Experience leading teams in Kaizen events, VSM, 5S & Standard Work. Yellow belt certification preferred.
In addition to possessing experience in and the ability to perform the duties outlined above, a Bachelor Degree is a plus.
If you’re an enthusiastic team player who enjoys a fast paced, friendly atmosphere where individuals are acknowledged for their success and provided with opportunities for growth, we want to hear from you!
We offer competitive wages, growth opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical and Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Tuition reimbursement and more
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in becoming part of our team, please send your resume and salary requirements to [email protected]
Send your resume to Carefree